Sunday, June 26, 2011

Holy Crap I Stay Busy

Okay folks so here it is - over a week has passed since by boarding of the USS ESSEX and it seems as if I have been on this ship for eons. I miss the feel of carpet, and the scent of anything that isn't ship related. It's funny though, the things I miss the most are intangible. I don't particularly miss anything more that people of course, Laura, Mom, the family, but I think I miss things like having work and home apart more.

Waking up, shaving, getting chow, reporting for muster, studying, exercising, climbing, yawning, learning, eating, and being tired as hell asre all staples in my day. I am constantly tired, and when I am not, I am asleep. When I am not studying I am eating or on watch.

Watch. Wow, watch... where do I start? A five hour shift in the ship's main combat center - you know, the blue lit room you see in all the movies? Well believe it or not it is nearly dead between the hours of 0200-0700. Take my word for it.

Enough complaining, we do get to be in Austrailia sooner or later - that should be fun - I just hope my reunion with land will make me better aquainted and prepared for another underway.

Until next time - Fair winds and following seas!

1 comment: