Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sushi Go Round




So you know those places where they serve sushi little plates on a conveyor belt and at the end of your meal they charge you based on how high your plate stack is? Well neither did I until I got to Japan. Not even until tonight in fact as I write this full of shrimp, fish, eel, rice and pineapple. Honestly I never thought I'd try something like that being as picky as I am but I have to admit I had an absolute blast trying all the different interesting mystery seafoods that I was brave enough to consume. The best part is that my total came to about 20 American dollars, or 1,800 yen, and I racked up a good 12 plates. My stomach full, my eyes droopy, my yawn imminent I still type away as the pictures upload to Facebook. I will also upload a select few to show here. It is funny how in a month I have mastered chopsticks and for 22 years I avoided Japanese food at all costs sans hibachi grills. Funny thing is - I haven't seen a single hibachi place in the whole city. Funny how that works isn't it?

Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

  1. Heading to FB to see the rest of the pics. Thanks for taking the time. Hope you're having a restful sleep.

    ReplyDelete